The J Building
This exciting project was a complete renovation of an 1891 storefront in downtown Edwardsville located directly across from the historic Wildey theatre. The interior of the building was stripped of previous modifications back down to the original structure. Lead based paint was carefully removed from the exterior masonry, and all new windows, doors and roofing were installed.
The second floor was transformed into a luxury 3,000-square-foot owners suite with incredible views of shops and restaurants on Main Street. The space includes an art studio, living area, state of the art kitchen, master suite and guest bed and bath. The now wide open floor plan includes 20-foot-high ceilings, exposed brick walls and wood beams, hickory floors and a mixture of modern, antique and industrial-style furnishings and accents.
The lower levels original two cast iron storefronts were cleaned and repaired replacing old headers and tuckpointing areas that been worn over the last 130 years. We worked with Henderson Associates Architects on this project.